THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Resolution Progress

So far, so good.


I've quit smoking. It has now been 3 weeks and I feel pretty good. The first three days were hell: I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I was jumpy, irritable, anxious, and overall obnoxious; but after those first 3 days I was fine other than the occasional longing for one after meals. There are times that I still want a cigarette, but I try to occupy myself with doing other things instead of smoking. Goal number one accomplished.

As for diet, I making progress. I've cut all red meat from my diet. Chicken is pretty much gone, too. I am still eating fish, and I've added in more vegetables. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and bought plenty of fresh veggies, veggie burgers, fake "chicken" patties, tofu, hummus, and tabbouleh.

Exercise is another story. It was cold and icy all last week, so I didn't go anywhere. I realize I could have done yoga here at home, but I didn't. Today, though, I plan on taking my god Ansel for a long walk if it doesn't rain. If it does rain, I'm resolved to do an hour-long yoga session.

School starts for me tomorrow, finally. We were slated to start last Monday, but because of the snow and ice that blanketed the Upstate, school was closed all last week. Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so tomorrow is the day that we officially start at Greenville Tech. I'm so ready to get nursing school done!

Happy Monday everyone! Celebrate MLK's life, even if in a small way, today.

0 comments: